Friday, April 15, 2016

2015 Quilt Finishes

My mother passed away more than 10 years ago, as we were cleaning out her closets my siblings and I discovered embroidered quilt blocks she had done.  I intended to make them into quilts for each of my sibs and have them completed by Christmas the year after her death, but couldn't bring myself to work on them. There were only 14 blocks, not enough for all 5 of us to have a bed sized quilt, so I designed the quilts below, I have the two remaining blocks but have yet to piece them into a quilt or wall hanging for myself.   The quilting in the border is done with thread my dad brought home from the publishing company where he worked (how I ended up with it I have no idea) but now the quilts have memories of both my parents.  So without further ado - here are the quilts.


This is my sister Ruth's quilt just off the machine the cross stitch embroidery is hearts done in pink.


This is my sister Alice and her quilt.


This is my brother Gil and his quilt (the boy's blocks are yellow cross stitch roses)


And last but not least, this is my brother Ray (on the left) with his quilt.

I hope they enjoy them as much as I enjoyed working on them.


This is my favorite picture of my Mom and Dad (I put this picture on the quilt label).

I'll continue with more 2015 finishes in another post.  Thanks for reading and Happy Quilting.

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment