Sunday, July 28, 2013

Santa Fe Quilt Show

I promised back in May that I would post  pictures from the Santa Fe Quilt Show that Linda and I attended.  Since then life has interfered.  I returned home May 21 to find the dryer had broken, my tomato plants had not been planted and the new HQ machine I ordered was due to be delivered any day (all 8 boxes!).   The entire month of June we had overnight company of one sort or another, so I wasn't able to have the new machine set up until the end of June - I worked the 3rd weekend in June and the first week of July at the hospital.  I was able to get 5 charity quilts quilted the weekend before we left for Seattle to visit friends and Gary's sister.   OK, enough of the explanations - here are some photo's of the quilt show we attended in Santa Fe.  the first  few are from the Folk Art Museum showing of Antique Amish Quilts.   I hope you enjoy them.







 
These last are from the quilt show at the State Capitol Rotunda. 
 
Architectural Impressions by Cheryl Fitzgerald

Ancient Flight by Coleen Konetzni

Spirit Markings by Susan Szajer

Vista Tranquilo by Vel Saddington
 
 
 
The project Linda and I worked on during my trip to Albuquerque was scrappy Snail's Trail and here are the pictures from that. 
 
 
This is Linda's colorway, turquoise, teals and peach.
 

 
Here's Linda's finished quilt top with a great border designed in EQ 7


My colorway - yellows and pinks for the lights with blues and purples for the darks.


 
Here's my finished quilt top I opted to finish the snails trails and have a more neutral border.
 
Happy quilting.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment