Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Well it's been a while since I posted.  I took a 2 week trip to Albuquerque to visit my friend Linda.  Now usually when we get together we really get crazy productive.  This time not so much.  I ended up with a horrible viral infection and spent most of the time in bed.  We did get out to the Bosque del Apache - here are a couple of pictures.
Bald Eagle

Blue Heron (I think)
 
We also saw a few hawks and some wild pigs.
 
Linda had arranged for a gourd decorating class that I didn't want to miss, so here's a  picture of the final results.  There were six of us in the class.
 
Linda did much more sewing during my visit.  Here's her work in progress.
 

 

 
I worked on assembling a nested blocks quilt for a great niece to replace her baby quilt that was lost in a fire.  and squaring up half square triangles (with a lot of Linda's help).  Thank you Linda. 


My previous visit I tried to get roadrunner and crane pictures (outside Linda's front window) with no luck.  This trip the wildlife was abundant.



 


 
March and April I worked at the hospital, made a couple of trips to St. Louis for family functions and got some quilting done (one queen size quilt for me and 3 charity quilts),
My Queen Pineapple Blossom


and the three charity quilts
 

At the end of the month 2 friends and I took a road trip to Paducah for the AQS quilt show, and what a show here are just a few of the lovely quilts we saw.




 

So now it's May (where has the time gone???) and I leave tomorrow morning for Salt Lake City and the HMQS where I'll meet up with Linda, take some classes and generally have a good time!  I'll try to post more often from now on.

Until then - happy quilting! 
 

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment