Friday, May 3, 2013

Albuquerque Day 1, 2, & 3

Arrived in Albuquerque late Tuesday evening to visit with my best friend Linda for 3 weeks!  Developed a  horrendous cold.  I blame my SO (Gary) who was sick last week and bad airplane air.  Spent most of day 1 medicating (throat spray, antihistamines, decongestants and throat lozenges).  Yuck!  Will try to get several projects done while I'm here.

Day 2 we headed out to an estate sale that advertised "quilting supplies" - most of the batting was poly, so we left it, but were able to pick up a fair amount of thread and some fabric (surprise, surprise).  Had a nice lunch, then stopped by a fabric store to check on sale items (came back with a few...:-)).  Fabric has been washed and pressed. 

Day 3 (today) we began cutting and sewing fabric for our next projects.  I'm posting a couple of pictures of Linda's sewing room before I arrived and after fabric selection for said projects.
Linda's Sewing room before we started pulling fabric from her stash.  See the red duffel bag next to the chair?  It's full of fabric I brought with me from Memphis for projects.
 
 
 

 
This is the sewing room after we started pulling fabric for the project Linda will work on.
 
I'll post more progress as the days go by.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment