Friday, January 25, 2013

Great Neices and Nephews

By my last count between us Gary and I have 20 great nieces and nephews.  This past year has added two more - Great neice in California, great nephew in St. Louis, and next month my oldest great niece Allison is having a baby (my little brother is going to be a great grandpa)  yikes that means I'm going to be a great-great aunt! To make this quilt related - each and every one of our nieces and nephews and great nieces and nephews has a quilt.  This is the quilt I made for Kellan Ford in St. Louis.  Kellan's heritage is Irish, Italian and German, but the Irish is what spoke to me, so I included a bright green.



Right now I'm working on a quilt for Satya Ruby in California.  Her parents were in Paris and in London for the Olympic games last year, so I've incorporated a fabric with the Eiffel Tower.  I wanted to include a fabric that had an olympic theme or a London theme, but couldn't find any that spoke to me.  So the quilt with be mostly pink and orange (I know that sounds ghastly, but it really seems to be working)  I found some fabric with a 60's retro feel with large flowers that are orange, yellow and pink, then to tone it down I made the stars with black points and green corners.  Now to get it quilted.  here's a quick preview. 

OK, I'm not quite sure why I can't move these photos where I want them in this blog, so I apologise for how awkward this looks, but you get the idea.  I'll post more pictures after I get it quilted.    I've also started working on +Bonnie Hunter's (of Quiltville.com fame) Mystery Easy Street, so look for some pictures of that quilt as well.   Till next time,, keep quilting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment